Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Review of Mammut Lucido TX1 Headlamp

Originally submitted at REI

Backpacker April '08 says, '' ... the Mammut Lucido blasts a tight, square-shaped beam nearly 350 ft. into the darkness.''


Great Headlamp

By Camper Kyle from Lynnwood, WA on 11/14/2009

 

5out of 5

Gift: No

Pros: Durable, Bright, Long battery life

Cons: No Beam Adjustment, Heavy

Best Uses: Hiking, Car Camping, Backpacking

Describe Yourself: Casual Adventurer

I have used this headlamp for almost a year now and still love it. I have used it from overnight backpacking, car camping to around the house. I found it to be a bit of overkill if I'm going for a day hike or a clear weather overnight trip. It does weigh a bit more then a 3 bulb LED but it out performs almost all other LED headlamps.

I really like the spot light, it shines as far as claimed and the high/low settings are nicely balanced. Although I've never used this for biking I could see how this would be an excellent choice, with the rear red flashing LED's and the effect spotlight.

The battery life is absolutely amazing. I used this all spring and summer and finally replaced the batteries not because they went dead but I figured there was no way they could still be good but they were. I just didn't want them to die when I needed them most. This was even after I had accidentally left it on in my pack for 24 hours several times.

(legalese)

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.