Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Review of Outdoor Research Rocky Mountain Low Gaiters

Originally submitted at REI

The lightweight, breathable Outdoor Research Rocky Mountain Low gaiters are ideal for fast packing through talus, sand, wet brush and light snow.


Nice Low Gaiters

By Camper Kyle from Seattle on 11/14/2009

 

4out of 5

Gift: No

Pros: Breathable, Easy To Use, Water Resistant, Rugged

Best Uses: Wet Weather, Backcountry, Rocky Terrain, Leg/Ankle Protection

Describe Yourself: Casual/Recreational

I purchased these last spring and used them all summer. I probably logged a good 50-60 miles in them and have no complaints thus far. I have not noticed any unusual wear with any of the straps unlike the previous reviewer. The straps are holding up just fine. They breath reasonably well and with a pair of wool socks my legs stay dry. One tip is to pull your socks up just past the top of the gators to keep them from rubbing on your leg.

I've owned some mid length gators in the past and had problems with them being not long enough to stay over the tops of my calf's so they would constantly slide down. These are just the right height for 3 season hiking.

(legalese)

No comments: